The Asheville Quilt Guild welcomes anyone with an interest in quilts! Our members range in experience from very little to nationally recognized quilt artists, and we encourage involvement from all ages. Follow the links below or use the menu above to learn more about us and how to join.
Guild Member Benefits
Joining the Asheville Quilt Guild provides a number of benefits to its members including:
- Monthly meetings with informative and entertaining speakers, informal
- Social time, “show and tell” of members’ quilts, and the opportunity to sign-up for Guild activities
- Workshops featuring classes taught by well-known experts in a wide variety of quilting techniques
- Newsletters – 11 each year, sharing current Guild information
- Guild-sponsored Quilt Show
- Member Bees
- A friend to welcome new members to the Guild
- Extensive lending library of over 775 titles
- Community service – Guild members making and donating hundreds of quilts each year to local agencies
The success of the Guild depends on the participation of each member. Membership responsibilities include the following:
- Payment of membership dues annually
- Payment of a small fee, presently $10, if a member chooses to receive the newsletter through the mail rather than the Guild website
- Participation in at least one Guild activity or Guild service project
- Participation in an activity supporting the Asheville Quilt Show
- Participation in other Guild fundraising activities
How to Join
Download and complete the 2019 Membership Form. Return with payment either by mail or at the Guild meeting. New members receive a packet with a name tag, Membership Directory and Handbook, and other useful information. For any additional membership questions, contact Mary Albert at email@example.com.
Scholarship memberships are available, and anyone interested may contact any Board member for more information.
An AQG pin may be purchased for $5.
AQG junior membership category is open to persons 18 years or younger. A junior member must be sponsored by a Guild member in good standing. Annual junior membership dues are $10; annual renewal by March 1. Junior members will be so designated in the AQG Directory.