Making Community Quilts give our members an outlet for their creative energies while providing welcomed support to local non-profit agencies. The Guild provides free kits for charity quilts, patterns, fabric and batting. Completed quilts are distributed to a variety of local community agencies. Several workdays are scheduled during the year, with a big Community Quilts Workshop in January. A Guild fabric stash is maintained from donations and purchased fabrics. It is available to all Guild members for charity projects.
The members of the Asheville Quilt Guild make and donate hundreds of quilts and related items each year. In past years, the Guild has donated finished quilts to Project Linus, Mission Hospital, Jones Elementary School, MAHEC, VA Hospital, and Habitat for Humanity. In addition to quilts, members have donated preemie hats to the NICU, pillows to the Care Partners Hospice, women’s prison and youth quilting classes.
How you can help
- pick up a kit, or pattern
- create a quilt from your stash using your own pattern
- your bee could adopt a project or agency
- donate fabric
- come to a CQ workday
AQG Fabric Donations Guidelines
- 100% Fabric only
- 100% cotton or 80/20% batting
- Flat folds – no wads
- Delivered in containers you do not want returned
- No mold or smoke smell
- Minimum size is 9″ x 42″ or 18″ x 22″
- Contact the Community Quilts Chairman to make arrangements.