Optional Activities and Tours
Optional Afternoon Sessions
1. Biltmore House Self-Guided Tour. This tour requires walking and stair climbing. With a minimum of 10 tickets, the discounted tour rate is $47.08 (including tax). Available Monday-Thursday, no reservation and no deposit required. Transportation by carpooling among people going.
2. Downtown Trolley Tour Hop On/Off. Also for walkers, this is of interest to newbees as well as returnees. Tickets are sold at the Visitors Center (36 Montford Avenue), $28 each. Carpool to Visitor Center can be arranged.
- Downtown Asheville
- Montford Historic District
- The Grove Park Inn and Grove Park Historic District
- Thomas Wolfe District
- Pack Square and Asheville Art Museum
- Grove Arcade· River Arts District
- Biltmore Village
3. Visit Local Quilt Shops. Information on local shops will be provided with registration materials. Transportation is on your own.
Friday Evening Session
- Guided Evening Tour of Biltmore House and stay for dinner. This tour requires walking and stair climbing. 30 person minimum, tour is 60-90 minutes long, carpooling, cost is $55.60 per person, 100% deposit required at time of Symposium registration. Cost of dinner not included.
Click here for information on the Fiber Arts alliance and Crafts
- Private Trolley Tour – For non-walkers – riders stay on this private trolley. Requires a minimum of 20 people, $21 per person. Trolley will pick and return people to campus at no extra charge. Trolley holds 32-34.